WHEN SCRIPTURE BECOMES YOUR PRAYER PART 7: PRAYER GIVES FAITH A VOICE

WHEN SCRIPTURE BECOMES YOUR PRAYER

PART 7: PRAYER GIVES FAITH A VOICE


Mark 11:24 (NIV)


“Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.”

In the previous part, we said something important:

Scripture gives us the blueprint.
Faith trusts the blueprint.
Prayer responds to the blueprint.
Obedience builds according to the blueprint.

Today, let's take another step. Prayer gives faith a voice. Think about faith for a moment. Faith may begin in the heart, but eventually, faith needs expression. And one of the ways faith expresses itself is through prayer.

When you pray, you are bringing your trust in God before God. You are saying:

“Lord, I believe You.” Not because everything looks good. Not because you have all the answers. Not because you can already see the outcome. But because you trust the One who has spoken. Consider the story of Peter when Jesus told him to step out of the boat and walk on the water. Peter had a word from Jesus. The water was still there. The wind was still blowing. The waves were still real. But Peter responded to the word he had received. That is an important picture of faith.

Faith responds to what God has said, even when circumstances have not changed yet. And prayer becomes one of the ways we respond. Suppose Scripture tells you:

“Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.”

Faith says:

“God cares about me.”

Prayer says:

“Lord, I give this anxiety to You. I don't want to carry what You have asked me to surrender.”

Suppose Scripture says:

“If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God.”

Faith says:

“God is able to give me wisdom.”

Prayer says:

“Lord, I need wisdom. I don't know what to do, but I trust You. Please guide me.”

Suppose Scripture says:

“The Lord is my shepherd.”

Faith says:

“I am not without a Shepherd.”

Prayer says:

“Lord, lead me. Guide me. Provide what I need. Help me follow Your direction.”

Do you see the pattern?

The Word speaks.
Faith believes.
Prayer responds.

That is why praying Scripture is so powerful.

It gives our faith biblical language.

Sometimes we don't know how to express what is happening inside us. But Scripture gives us words.

When we are afraid, Scripture gives us words. When we are confused, Scripture gives us words. When we are thankful, Scripture gives us words. When we are hurting, Scripture gives us words.

When we need wisdom, Scripture gives us words. When we need courage, Scripture gives us words. And when those words become our prayer, something happens.

We stop allowing our emotions to have the final word. We allow God's Word to shape our response. But there is an important balance.

Faith-filled prayer is not demanding that God do whatever we want.

Faith is not saying:

“God, because I believe, You must give me exactly what I have requested.”

Faith says:

“God, I trust You.”

Sometimes God answers exactly as we prayed. Sometimes He answers differently.

Sometimes the answer takes time. And sometimes, like Jesus in Gethsemane, faith says:

“Not my will, but yours be done.”

That is still faith. In fact, that may be one of the deepest expressions of faith:

Trusting God even when His answer is not the answer we expected.

So when we pray Scripture, we are not trying to control God. We are allowing God's Word to control the direction of our prayer.

We are not trying to convince God to become faithful. We are reminding our own hearts that He is faithful. We are not giving God information He doesn't have.

We are bringing our hearts into alignment with what He has already revealed. And this is why prayer can strengthen faith.

When you pray God's Word, you are speaking truth to your own heart while speaking to God. You are reminding yourself:

God has spoken.
God is faithful.
God can be trusted.
I may not see everything, but I can trust Him. 
So don't underestimate the power of a Scripture-filled prayer.

When you have nothing else to say, open the Bible. Find what God has said.

Read it slowly. Believe it. Then turn it into prayer. Let the Word become your language.

Let faith find its voice. And let prayer become the place where your heart says:

“Lord, I trust You.”

Reflection

When you pray, are your prayers shaped mainly by what you see and feel, or are they also shaped by what God has said?

What Scripture can you take today and turn into a personal prayer?

Prayer

Lord, teach me to pray with faith. When I am afraid, remind me of Your Word. When I am confused, guide me by Your truth. When I am weak, strengthen my faith. Help me to pray boldly without trying to control You. Let my prayers be shaped by Your Word and surrendered to Your will. May my faith find its voice in prayer, and may my prayer lead me into deeper trust and obedience. In Jesus' name, Amen.

In the next part, we will look at “THE BLUEPRINT MUST BE FOLLOWED.”

Because a blueprint is not given merely to be admired. It is given to be followed.

And God's Word is not simply something we read, believe, and pray.

It is something we are called to live.

Scripture gives us the blueprint.
Faith trusts the blueprint.
Prayer gives faith a voice.
Obedience gives that faith feet.

God is speaking, are you listening?




Prince Julius Nenebi-Darkson 

(EL-PJ God’s penman)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHEN FOLLOWING JESUS COSTS EVERYTHING PART 7: WHAT IS YOUR “ONE THING”?

THE GREAT WALL: WHEN WALLS FAIL PART 2 — THE ENEMY AT THE GATE: STRONG WALLS, WEAK WATCHMEN

JUMPSTARTING YOUR LIFE—THE POWER OF DIVINE CONNECTIONS PART 2: YOU CAN'T MOVE WITHOUT POWER